- Whole or fillet lionfish (your preference)
- Green plantains
- Ripe plantains
- Fresh grated coconut to make milk
- Coconut oil
- Ground food (cassava, sweet potato) or vegetables (okro, sweet pepper, carrot) as desired
- Clean lionfish & wash with lime. Season and set aside.
- Prepare the hudut: Peel and boil green and ripe plantain. Once soft, blend together, adding salt and water as required to get a smooth consistency.
- Prepare the coconut milk: stir the grated coconut in water and squeeze to make a rich milk
- Brown the fish in coconut oil
- Add coconut milk and the rest of your ingredients
- Simmer until cooked